ARTS Program: Medical Consultation for Children with Autism
What is involved in a medical consultation at Oxford Recovery Center?
Medical treatment providers are discovering that treating a child with autism is not always as easy as one size fits all. Often the only treatment recommendation provided to parents of children affected with autism is applied behavioral analysis (ABA). Unfortunately, while some children respond well, many are left with little to no improvement, leaving distraught parents feeling helpless and desperate to find a methodology that shows results.
Our multi-disciplinary approach contributes to a better understanding of the very real components of autism and the underlying medical issues that often cause or contribute to autistic behavior. Some of the most common problems include:
- Gastrointestinal (GI) overgrowth of bacteria, yeast, and parasites;
- Inability to cleanse/detox environmental toxins, and;
- Development of food intolerances and/or allergies.
“No matter how severe your problem, we believe you can be helped.”
—-Christian Bogner, MD
Dr. Bogner is available for consultation, to guide patients through this very complex disease processes.
We invite you to learn more about the approach of our medical consultation. We call it consultation/education, because as Dr. Bogner will learn about your child from you, the parent, he will provide feedback in regards to the ARTS approach. We don’t do this in 15 minutes, so let’s sit down and work together. Synergy!
What is involved?
- Review of all previous medical records (to be submitted before the consultation)
- Discussion of records in person
- Physical exam of the patient
- Discussion about services offered e.g. targeted laboratory evaluation with an explanation of each and therapeutic approaches
Interested in Oxford’s Unique Approach to Autism?
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Bogner M.D.
Call Us at 248-486-3636
You can also fill out the form below: