Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Stroke Recovery
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, HBOT, is a specialized form of medical treatment administered by delivering 100% pure oxygen to the body through increased atmospheric pressure greater than 1.3 ATA. in an enclosed hard chamber.
At pressures greater than normal, the body can incorporate more oxygen into blood cells, blood plasma, cerebral-spinal fluid and other bodily fluids. The increased oxygen absorption experienced during hyperbaric oxygen therapy significantly enhances the body’s ability to aid in its healing.
Click Here to Read the Introduction to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Transcript
- Destroy harmful bacteria
- Decrease inflammation
- Produce new collagen
- Increase white blood cells
- Regenerate bone
- Stimulate capillary growth
- Strengthen the immune system
- Help mitochondrial function
How does Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy aid in Stroke Recovery?
Based On Modern ResearchOxford Recovery Center bases our usage of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy on the most modern research available in medicine. Our techniques customize the usage of hyperbarics based off of the needs of the patient.
Increases Brain Activity for Faster Recovery
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy helps to increase blood flow to the brain, therefore, increasing brain activity. When an individual has a stroke, there are often physical and mobility-related setbacks. With this in mind, our physical therapists work with the patient to regain their range of movement.
Highest Rated Medical Grade Equipment
Not all Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy chambers are created equal. Using the wrong types of chambers can in some cases lead to negative outcomes or lead to unsafe situations. Oxford uses only the highest quality Sechrist hard-sided chambers to achieve optimal results.
Synergistic by Design
By approaching recovery with a multifaceted approach, Oxford’s model promotes synergy between the different therapies. This is where the interaction or cooperation of two or more therapies healing the entire body creates a greater effect.
Click on the links below to discover more about the science behind the Oxford Recover Model’s approach
- Clinical Study on Acupuncture Combined with Hyperbaric Oxygenation for Improving Balance Function of Cerebral Infarction
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Improves Long-Term Learning-Memory Deficits and Brain Injury in Neonatal Rat with Hypoxia-Ischemia Brain Damage
- A Review of Oxygen Therapy in Ischemic Stroke
- Confirmation of Medical Benefits of Oxygen Therapy During a Stroke
- Delayed HBOT is More Effective than Early Prolonged Normobaric Hyperoxia in Experimental Focal Cerebral Ischemia
- Effect of Large Dose Hyperbaric Oxygenation Therapy on Prognosis and Oxidative Stress of Acute Permanent Cerebral Ischemic Stroke in Rats
- HBOT Attenuated the Decrease in Regional Glucose Metabolism of Rats Subjected to Focal Cerebral Ischemia–a High Resolution Positron Emission Tomography Study
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Reduces Tissue Hypoxia and Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1alpha Expression in Focal Cerebral Ischemia
- Hyperoxia Preconditioning–the Next Frontier in Neurology?
- Neuroprotection by Oxygen in Acute Transient Focal Cerebral Ischemia Is Dose Dependent and Shows Superiority of HBOT
- Preconditioning with HBOT Attenuates Brain Edema after Experimental Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Proliferation of Neural Stem Cells Correlates with Wnt-3 Protein in Hypoxic-Ischemic Neonate Rats after HBOT
- Protection of Mitochondrial Function and Improvement in Cognitive Recovery in Rats Treated with HBOT Following Lateral Fluid-Percussion Injury
- The Effect of Oxygen Therapy on Brain Damage and Cerebral pO(2) in Transient Focal Ischemia in the Rat
In the News
Click on the links below and stay up-to-date on news surrounding therapies used in the Oxford Recovery Model!
Neurofeedback for Stroke Research
Interested in Oxford’s Unique Approach to Healing?
The first step to learn more or schedule a no charge consultation is to
Call Us at 248-486-3636
You can also fill out the form below: