What is Speech Therapy?
At ORC, our speech therapists provide techniques and strategies for children and adults to communicate more effectively.
Speech is the communication building block for lifelong learning. Our therapy model customizes programs based on your level and situation.
With our synergistic approach, we work closely with other team members to maximize outcomes.
Benefits of Speech Therapy
- Improves functional communication
- Improves spoken and written language
- Improve conversation skills which include eye contact, body language, gestures
- Development of strong social communication skills for lifelong friendships
- Improvements in cognitive function such as problem solving, short-term memory, organizing, planning
- Ability to safely eat and/or drink
- Improvements in quality and/or loudness of your speaking voice
- Effective management techniques to reduce severity of stuttering and gain control back of speech
- Understand and improve executive functioning such as goal-setting, planning, self-awareness, self-monitoring and improving cognitive function
Features of Speech Therapy
Individualized Therapy Plans
Programs are customized to each individuals’ needs and goals. With our synergistic approach, the therapists work with our multidisciplinary team to maximize outcomes of multiple therapies.
Skilled and Persistent Staff
With a broad range of education and expertise, our speech therapy staff is equipped to address many conditions and support you as you achieve your goals.
Encouraging and Adaptable
Speech therapists provide education to family and caregivers to ensure optimal success. Our flexible approach allows our therapists to adjust the approach to meet various learning styles and evolve with you as you progress.
Interested in Oxford’s Unique Approach to Healing?
To learn more or schedule a no-charge Discovery Session
Please call (248)486-3636
fill out the form below