Speech therapists give techniques and strategies for children and adults to communicate. Speech therapy is the communication building block for lifelong learning.
Benefits of Speech Therapy
- Improves functional communication
- Improves spoken and written language
- Improve conversation skills which include eye contact, body language, gestures
- Development of strong social communication skills for lifelong friendships
- Improvements in cognitive function such as problem solving, short-term memory, organizing, planning
- Ability to safely eat and/or drink
- Improvements in quality and/or loudness of your speaking voice
- Effective management techniques to reduce severity of stuttering and gain control back of speech
- Understand and improve executive functioning such as goal-setting, planning, self-awareness, self-monitoring and improving cognitive function.
Features of Speech Therapy
The speech therapist provides education to family and caregivers to ensure optimal success
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Auditory Processing Disorder
Apaxia of Speech
Expressive/Receptive Language Disorders
Other Neurological Disorders
Interested in Oxford’s Unique Approach to Healing?
To learn more or schedule a no-charge Discovery Session
Please call (248)486-3636
fill out the form below